Wellness Policy- Public Participation

Any communtiy member or parent can participate on our wellness policy committee. Please call 276.296.7027 if you would like to participate.

School Nutrition Charge Policy

Grayson County Public Schools

Unpaid Meal Charges

All schools are Community Eligibility Program (CEP) schools which means that students may have breakfast and lunch at no cost.

Students may charge no more than $10.00.

Communication the Policy

  1. The meal charge policy will be posted on the school system website and will be included in the student information packet distributed at the beginning of each school year.
  2. School Nutrition Program (SNP) staff will receive training on meal charge policy and a record of the training will be maintained as part of the professional development portfolio.
  3. Documentation of the communication and training plan will be maintained for the Federal Program Administrative Review.

Notification of Negative Balances

School nutrition staff will notify households of negative balances by either telephone, mail, or a letter sent home with students.

The student’s household may be notified by email by My School Bucks software if the low balance notification is set up by parents through the website,www.myschoolbucks.com.

Collection of Delinquent Charge Debt

The superintendent or superintendent’s designee ensures that federal child nutrition funds are not used to offset the cost of unpaid meals and that the child nutrition program is reimbursed for bad debt. In order to accomplish those goals, the following procedures are followed:

Delinquent debt is allowable in the school nutrition program and may be carried over to one successive school year. Bad debt is defined as delinquent debt that is deemed uncollectible at the end of the school year. Bad debt is unallowable in the SNP and cannot be carried over to the next school year.

Parents will be notified directly if students have outstanding debt by either phone call, mail, or letter sent home with the student.

At the end of the school year, the School Nutrition Program Director and the Finance Director will evaluate all delinquent debt for conversion to bad debt. Bad debt will be restored to the School Nutrition Program from general funds prior to the end of the fiscal year.

Assistance to Households

Households with questions or needing assistance may contact the Office of the Food Service Coordinator at 276.296.7027 or the school their child attends.

You can read the full policy here under the file EFB:


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Online Meal Payment System

12 days ago

Dear Parents,

We realize it can be difficult to keep track of fees and payments to the school system. To help simplify payment of school cafeteria purchases, Grayson County Schools has enrolled in an internet based service called MySchoolBucks. The service is a website where you can pay for your child’s breakfast and lunch purchases using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, debit, or electronic check. Participation is this service is voluntary and you may enroll at any time. You may also enroll in the service to simply monitor your child’s account balance and to monitor what your child is purchasing each day. You do not have to use the payment option.

MySchoolBucks® is your online payment portal; giving you a quick and easy way to manage and add funds to your student’s meal account. You can review recent purchases along with seeing the current balance, plus receive low balance alerts… all for FREE! You can also add money to your student’s account using Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, debt card, or electronic check for a small fee. A $2.50 fee per transaction is charged to cover the cost of processing your payment and maintaining the website.

 The most popular feature is our “Set it and forget it” payment option, which automatically adds funds to your student’s meal account. Funds can be added weekly, monthly or when the balance runs low, (simply choose the “Setup a payment schedule” option during the checkout).

MySchoolBucks® provides…
• Safety.  Your child will no longer need to carry cash to school.  

• Convenience.  Make payments* when it’s convenient for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

• Control. Set low balance alerts, view account activity, recurring payments & more! 

• Efficiency. Make payments for all your children in one easy step- even if they attend different schools within the district.

• Flexibility. Make payments using VISAMasterCardDiscover CardDebit or Electronic check.

Enrollment is easy!

  1. Go to www.mySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide; click on the link included in the email to activate your account.
  2. Activate your account and begin adding your students. You will need their school name, student name, student date of birth, or the student ID number. Independence Middle School students will need to sign up under the school name Grayson County High School because that is the school where they purchase meals.
  3. Add funds* to your students’ accounts with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, debit card, or electronic check.

*Security is a priority at mySchoolBucks. Our system is secure, providing the highest level of protection for your information. A convenience fee may apply to payments made in your student accounts. You will have the opportunity to review any fees (and cancel, if you choose) before you are charged. Money deposited into lunch accounts can take up to 12 hours to post.

If you have any questions concerning use of the website, we encourage you to use the contact information on the website. If you have questions concerning account balances, feel free to contact me at the numbers below.  

Thank You

Stephanie Munsey

Coordinator of Food Services


Happy World Smile Day!
Wild for School Lunch at Fries
Grayson County High School Serves Local Beef
Great Fruits and Veggies at Grayson Highlands
Grayson Highlands

Grayson Highlands School